Friend or Foe..... What would you do?

Over the 4th of July weekend, my husband and his cousin got jumped and his cousin is in pretty bad shape. He got kicked in the face and my husband has multiple bruises all over his stomach and side and the looks of someone tried to cut him on his back. I wasn't there, I went home and recieved a phone call that he had been in a fight to come and get them. My "Best Friend" was there and saw EVERYTHING that happened, when I asked her who kicked my husband and his cousin her response was " I don't want to get in it". I am very upset with her because she knows who did this to him and will not tell me. I ready to just write her and her mother (she was there too) off. As a "True" friend I feel that she should let us know who did this and take his beating like a man. What should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• did yall tell the cops?
    tell them she knows
    that is messed up why wouldnt she tell you
    i would
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• A true friend would want to get into it and help. Were the cops called? If not, why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Does your husband and cuz know who did it? How could she not tell you? That makes no sense. Unless it was someone she knowes and cares more for. Or is she trying to protect you from the truth behind the fight? I wouldn't just jump to any conclusions until the truth comes out. In the meantime, try to find out from other people that were there about what happened. Ask the best friends mom face to face. Try to make up a sob story as to why you need to know and start crying. Sympathy can get you the truth.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 8:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• hmm not a true friend.violence is not cool.if she is not telling you that what else isnt she telling you.thats like my neighbor down the street. she says she is switzerland and not getting into it.hmm not good enough.like mschanng said its all in the wording.i went down to talk to this woman one day and kind of messed around with the wording .i didnt lie,,she ended up telling me alot.the other neighbors ended up get caught in a big lie about me.but i found out.re arrange the wording alittle.ya and also put the sympathy face on i did that also.almost to tears.which wearnt fake but people have compassion.a least most.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Maybe she knows why they got jumped and doesn't want to tell you. So staying out of it completely is her only choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• In my opinion a friend would tell you who did it, not say "I don't want to get into it". That would clue me in that she knows who did it and is protecting them-- at the expense of our friendship and my hubs. I would tell her that I don't want to be friends with someone like her. Hmmm maybe lean on her a bit and say she can either tell you who did it-- or you are going to give her name and her mom's name up to the police and let them investigate the crime. Maybe the thought of getting police involved would get her to talk.
    If she does give up a name I would still think about dumping her as a friend.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• "Maybe she knows why they got jumped and doesn't want to tell you. So staying out of it completely is her only choice. "

There seems to be more to the story... Where were they? Why? You might want to dig around your husband a little better before you blame your friend. It is possible that she is in a no win situation and is deciding to keep quiet.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009