Winged ants in bathtub and toilet!

I was woken up this morning to my oldest son saying that there are bugs in the bathtub. I sais, "What?!" So I got up to look and sure nuff, there were 4 little black bugs in the bathtub. They look like little black ants with wings. My son also said that there were some in the toilet as well but he had flushed them. What are they? Are they in fact ants or termites? Cause I know termites have wings. This is an old house so I'm really not all surprised by this.

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 9:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Sounds like termites to me. They are prevalent in this area, and sometimes when one neighbor gets rid of them, they "migrate" to another neighbor. My parents had them. Definitely need an exteminator. Good news is the exterminating job usually has a several year guarantee in case they come back.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 4:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Have a exterminator come out and show him some of the dead ones and where you think they may have come from. Call and check with neighbors and friends to determine who you can trust. See if anyone will give you a free visit just to check a see.
    Mumof3kidz67

Answer by Mumof3kidz67 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• This just happened to a friend of mine and it turned out they were in fact termites. They looked exactly like little black ants with wings. She had to have terminix come...
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• oh joy....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2009