how to save a failing marriage

We are fighting alot and i want to make our marriage work i need help

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• counseling, hard work, romance

• Have you tried counseling? Couples and seperate? Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Read "the Book of mom" by Taylor Wilshire. It is a funny novel that offers marriage counseling and insight into marriage. It saved a mom's marriage in our book club.

Answer by kjmom219 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Have you ever heard of Marriage Encounter? It saved my marriage. PM me if you want to know more.

Answer by mom2twingirls02 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• get a copy of the book "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, want more info? I also have a group here on cafemom called "Love and Respect" the conference and the material presented have saved many many marriages, mine included!

Answer by BreakingFree at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Talk with your husband and see if he wants to save the marriage. If so, then start getting to know one another all over again and fall in love all over again. It can be fun and can strengthen the marriage. There are some great books out there. Check your library to see if they have some. There may even be great online articles that can help.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2008

• Before you go too much further I think too that counselling for yourself first and then with your husband would be good for you. how to make it work depends on what's happened and what your hopes and needs from a husband are.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Talk, listen and try to be honest with each other.

Answer by writeon at 10:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Go to a marriage class at church. When you start to involve God in your relationships, something magical happens because you do it the way that we were made to do it. It's not going to be easy just because God's in it, but something magical will happen! I don't mean to sound preachy, but for real. I'm married, and if it weren't for the church, we would not be!!

Answer by Amber211 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010