How long does it take to get passports?

I am seeing all these awsome travel deals and want to take advantage but don't have a passport. How long does it take to get them back? I am afraid to book anything yet because my family does not have them. My dh just picked up the paperwork at the post office.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 9:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Travel

• there's an option to pick expediated service but you have to show proof of travel. then you have to go to the passport services to wait for it. I think the normal is 6-8 weeks but the forms tell you how long.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 9:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my grama got one in two days. state of IL... can't rember where she got on can ask her tho.
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 9:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• We got ous back in 3 business days back in Jan others we know it has taken longer
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It depends on how much you want to pay. Everyone should always have a valid passport, so go ahead and apply now; they last for several years. Expect it to take 8 weeks, unless you pay extra.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I didn't pay the extra and expected to wait 6-8 weeks, but I think it came sooner than that. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009