What is the purpose of lil swimmer diapers? Cloth alternatives?

I ask because I have some fuzzi bunz and wonder if I couldn't use those instead. Seems like such a waste since my kids wont swim longer than an hour... Anyone else use cloth swimmy diapers?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 9:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the Little Swimmers...the point is that they keep the poo out of the water better. They don't hold the urine but I don't think they are intended too. They're just supposed to keep poo out of the pool better.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Fuzzi bunz would totally accomplish that. They have elastic around the legs and waist. Actually they have less leaks than regular diapers in my experience. If the purpose is to keep poo in the pants I don't know why anyone would mind us using them at the pool.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think so because little swimmers have never worked for us. My sons poop is not all that solid. The poop is supposed to stay in the diaper and his gets water in it and it dissolves. I have to watch him closely when he swims, but luckily he doesnt swim that often or that long. They never work for us. If he were constipated, then it would....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• onestepahead.com sells cloth swim diapers, i think they are $10 each. i am planning on purchasing them soon.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have 2 suits. One with a built in swim diaper (cloth) and the other has a cloth that you put on under the suit made by eco kids. I think that they work great, but we haven't pooed in the pool either. I still use the lil swimmers when I go to a public pool and just use what we have with the suits when I swim at a friends house.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Beware that if you go to a public pool they might have regulations. One here in town is that they have to have a swim diaper, cover, and their swimsuit on in order for them to be able to swim in the pool. They do not allow cloth diapers. So if you're planning on going to a public pool when you take your lo call and ask about their rules concerning diapering.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2009