any advice to help me dialate?

Okay heres the deal.. Im 39w 2d pregnant. i have high blood pressure and protein in my urine. The doctors have me on bed rest. i am allowed to get up and shower and go for a light walk but when im at home i need to be resting. I went in for an appt yesterday and im 80% effaced but my cervix is still closed. The doctor is requesting i come in monday to check my dialation and there moving for an induction. is there anything i can do to help myself dialate? any advise would be appreciated.

thank you

ChloeMom0709

Asked by ChloeMom0709 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well I would say to walk but if you cant do that...try sex:) I am 38wks and have been trying that and walking...nothing yet, I did lose my mucas plug last night??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2009