2 yr old wont quit playing with himself

First I want to say I know its normal! My problem is its been going on for over a yr. I dont mind him playing with it. Its just he pees on everything. When he first started I put him in onsies all the time. Then he learned he could go in through the side. So I started putting sweat pants on him. Now he just goes through the top of his pants and pulls his dinky out from the leg of his diaper and onsie. Every day this week I have had to clean him up because he has peed on himself or something else. Monday he peed on the bathroom floor. Tuesday he peed on the living room carpet. Wednesday he peed all over himself. And today he peed on himself. Most of the time its in the morning. I know boys will play with it. Thats not the problem I just cant keep doing this everyday. He doesnt have any infections and I dont believe its out of boredom. He just likes to do it. I need help here!! Thanks everyone!!

learning2breath

Asked by learning2breath at 9:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL!! I'm so sorry for laughing but it's really funny. I have twin boys myself and at one point they did play with it too while I changed them. They never actually played with it while it was in a diaper or anything. But I stopped it. I know it's normal, but I just didn't allow it. Since he's been at it for a year now, it may not be best to start yelling at him about it. I honestly don't know what to advise.
    Sorry for my bogus reply here...
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 10:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• That is funny.....

And all though it is normal thier should be a limit to what any mom should have to "deal" with :). Overalls would be a good start and would really restrict his being able to get a hold of it. Next when he is doing it make sure he puts it back in place and tell him he can not play with it now. My youngest would sit on the couch with his hand down his pants..kinda like Al Bundy from Married With Children. It took some persistance but he finally got the hint. Now he is potty training and has rediscovered it all over again :)
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I like the overall suggestions. Good luck Mama.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• hes going to keep playing with himself, up until about four when he realizes no one else is pulling their junk out its a phase let him play telling him he cant is only going to make things worse for him later on and maybe now would be the time to start potty training
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009