anyone currently married or was married to a narcissist?

How is your life with them? Do you have children?
If you were previously married to one, how was it leaving?

I'm married to one now and want out...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Then just leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• lol, my ex. He was a complete narcissist. Even to this day, he calls me to brag about woman to boots his ego. He was never wrong, he was the best looking, he had the best package according to him. I thought it was monstrous, disgusting & painful. But he sure does like to talk about it. I should have cut it off....lol! I did not deal with it well. We fought all the time, but i was always wrong. It was always my fault. I got very depressed, & did not take care of myself. I gained 60 lbs, which was a lot on my 5'1" frame. & i just let myself go. He used to tell me how gross i've become, he had no idea that he beat me down to that level. When i left him, i swear god must have been so happy.....i lost ALL my weight in 3 months. I was back into a size 3, & i met the man of my dreams. God was with me, he directed me. I just know it. I mean, i did not even excersize & i still lost all that weight. He had a good man lined up for me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well my Dh isn't like that, in fact he's the opposite.

But you might want to clarify what you mean, not everyone here knows what that word means and you'll get better responses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes and leaving wasn't easy. He punished me every way he could. I had 3 children with him. It was hell and is still hell years later. He'll demand loyalty from the kids and will poison them against you. I have one of 3 who won't listen to him. I think that's pretty good for as hard as he's tried to get them to hate me! One sees him for what he is and knows the truth. The others like the rewards he gives them when they are loyal to him and bow down and kiss his feet. (figuratively)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my neighbor and mom are both narcissist(sp)crazy crazy....its all about them.they are never wrong.and if they are they wont admit it.they are fabulous and good looking and nobody else is better.(sarcasm)my neighbor has a reflecting pool in her front yard so everyday she can go out side and see her wonderful reflection.ya and her kids are just like described.loyal to the end.(except her son)he is going to be her down fall.if you can ignore him that all good if not run as fast as you can...some people can stay.my dad stays cause he doesnt listen to her.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 9, 2009