What would you think about an Obama Mama saying this?

I see a lot of people wondering where all of the Obama Mama's are at now that Obama has been elected. They want to know how an Obama Mama feels about how Obama has done now that he is in the white house.

However, I get the feeling that if an Obama Mama came out and said, "I was wrong, I shouldn't have voted for him." That people's reactions would be something to the effect of, "Yeah well you're a dumbass."

I voted for Bush both times, and the second time, I was really sorry I voted for him. When I told people that I regretted my vote, they did not see my admission as a positive thing, they use that as a chance to further bash me.

So...how would you react to hearing someone say they regret their decision to vote for Obama? Would you be haughty and say, "I told you so"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "I told you so is the most used and the most useless phrase on the planet.

And regret is a waste of energy. I look at things the way a scientist does. I try it. If it doesn't work, I know to try something different next time. I never regret what I did try.

And at the moment, I haven't come to the conclusion that Obama isn't working. I didn't come to that conclusion with Mr. Bush until 2003. I know how institutions work. Anyone who expects instant change is a fool...institutions don't allow that; the civil servants won't let it happen. And the civil servants are the ones who survive, administration after administration.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• to simply answer your question...Yes. But they won't admit to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• *shrug* I don't regret it.

Call me a dumbass if you want.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes, yes I would!

why? because the information was there all along! except those who voted for him wanted to be a part of history, and want the government to hold their hand--feeding, clothing, and sheltering them, while the rest of us were concerned about him taking away our freedoms and turning us in to a socialist society--you know the important stuff?!?!??!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• a short while back I openly admitted this and most people said it was some of joke. I was just a lib who was full of BS. some are sooo high on their own horse that even when someone admitts to making a mistake they won't get down long enough to say "ok, now here how to really fix things".

I remember one out of many responses saying something helpful. I took that person's advice and have been on the road to help get our current administration out of office.

I will also admit that in some cases since a sincere plea for help or a respectable question/answer won't get the time of day because "we" (and by 'we' I'm including myself) choose to go anonymously. Since a lot but certainly not all of BS comes from ANON's they won't take anything you have to say seriously until you happen to agree with them. To them ALL ANON's are full of BS and we have to accept being treated like crap because of the bad rep we have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well, I voted for Bush once, and I voted for Gore once, and I voted for Clinton twice, and I voted for Obama once. I read all of the literature, I chose the candidate that best fit my idea of government and success. I knew about the scandals, their successes, their failures, their shortcomings, their politics. I have often lamented the actions of everyone up there (but Gore of course, as he wasn't elected) but I have never ever regretted whom I have voted for.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• while the rest of us were concerned about him taking away our freedoms and turning us in to a socialist society--you know the important stuff?!?!??!?

P L E A S E...... This is really scare tactics. We are never going to become a socialist society!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It really depends on the person. If the person admitting they were "duped" was sincere in their reasons for voting for Obama, and genuinely thought he was the best candidate, I wouldn't say "I told you so."

But if the person was "in your face" all high and mighty and singing Obama's praises like he was the "Chosen One" throughout the primaries, election, and beyond, and NOW believes they were duped, I admit I would HAVE difficulty NOT saying "I told you so!" There's something to be said being vindicated!

Oh and before i get my daily bashing, if the REVERSE were true, and Obama really IS correct in all of plans/agenda, and our country becomes filled with rainbows and butterflies galore, then I would expect the same "I told you so" response from those who voted for him. (Of course I can't even begin to imagine THAT happening, just thought I'd put it out there) LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No, I wouldn't bash an Obama mama who admitted she was misled and wishes she had been more well educated on the issues or less blinded by the hype. Anybody can make a mistake, and lets face it, Obama dazzled and bamboozled a LOT of people, he did win the election, after all. I'm more worried about those who keep defending him to the bitter end, no matter what he does. I recognize that is their right, I just hope that someday they wake up and realize how he is crippling our country for years into the future.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I also vote for the candidate. The only candidate I regretted was Carter. I voted for him the first time, but not the second. Although he was a good man, he was a weak president.

There will never be a candidate that you will agree with 100%.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2009