How long does it take a nose piercing to grow up?

I had my nose pierced about a year ago and it was SUPER out of character for me because of how conservative I am but I had fun doing it. I have always kept a tiny little stud in it, almost unnoticeable. Recently, I moved to a new community and I really felt like it was time to take it . I just have lost interest in it and I feel it was just a phase. Something I needed to do for myself and a way to get out of my box, but I did it and now its time to move on. I took it out 2 days ago and I still feel a small knot on the inside. Will that ever go away or does it stay there forever? I m just wondering how long it takes to grow up. My teenager was so disappointed that I did that but I told her that I no longer wanted it. I might get a tattoo though....she was excited about that....LOL

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 10:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had my nose done for several years. I also wear just a small stud. About 5 years ago I took it out for a year and it slowly closed some what.
    When I decided to put my stud back in I was able to just push it through, so I am not sure if it ever really all the way closes up.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 10:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've had my nose pierced twice now and when I took it out the first time it closed up pretty quick but the knot was still there. I don't think the knot ever went away. I can't feel it now because I have a stud in again but the knot was there before I got it pierced the second time.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I took out my nose ring about thirteen years ago, and while it's basically closed up, you can still see where the piercing was.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• oh okay...thanks ladies. I used to have to take it out for work because I worked in an upscale retail store and even after a few hours, I had to work it back in slowly and it hurt. So I figured it wouldnt take long at all.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I only had mine for about 8 months before I got tired of taking it out and (painfully) putting it back in for work.. it closed up completely and healed up well. Im not sure how long it took, probably 6 weeks or so, but there is still a little scar where it was.. you'de REALLY have to be looking for it though.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've had my nose pierced for 10 years, my mom took me to get it done when I was 10 and I never took it out... I HOPE that they close up because I want to take mine out. I always have, I just always forget that I had it.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009