Autism question

For any moms who have a child or children with autism, did you know or have a feeling before your child was tested? I am asking to have my child screened for autism today and I have a feeling that he is autistic. I may be more nervous b/c he was 10 weeks premature but I just see many of the signs and I was just wondering if anyone else just knew before the testing or if they had no clue until after the test. Thanks.

blakebrm

Asked by blakebrm at 10:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I did. My son had little things he did that made me wonder if he was ASD. When he was finally tested we found out he has Aspergers Syndrome - high functioning Autism.
    I hope all goes well for your son.
    If you need anyone to talk to please feel free to pm me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I didn't know until someone pointed it out, because he was very young at the time--only about 12 months. Now it's definitely more obvious.
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh yes. I knew something wasn't right before he was ever tested.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Of course you would know before he was tested. Otherwise, why would you get him tested?
    Anonymous

That is a stupid thing to say. They test regardless if you suspect it or not.

Anonymous

• My 3 children were never tested. My sister has 2 autistic children. She knew something was wrong and that is why she talked to her doctor and got them tested.
    Anonymous