Would you have your toddler tested for aluminium, arsenic, cadmium, chlorine, chrome, cobalt, copper, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, silver, and tin poisoning?

I'm sure you would agree that the lead test is mandated for children 1 and up.
People are talking about environmental toxicity so how come the government does not mandate a test for the rest of heavy metals.
Or the green movement is just an exaggeration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Many parents of autistic children are testing and finding out that their children are LOADED with heavy metals. In most cases, once the metals are removed from the body the child functions much better. I mean, what are one of the signs of mercury poisoning? Autism.
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 12:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• How much fear do you want to live in, and how much control do you want from your government? Do you really live somewhere that all of these are a concern? Do you realize everyone of these occurs naturally in your body? That are part of the goo that makes up the recipe for all of us.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Lead is the only one that worries me since most of the made-in-China products contain lead. I heard!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Actually, I don't think lead testing of children is mandatory unless you're on PA or if the doctor has a reason to suspect that your child may have elevated lead levels.

I'm not an expert in heavy metal poisoning, but I believe the reason the focus is on lead is because until the 1970's, lead was in everything from paint to children's toys. The other heavy metals were not used in the same manner in products.

I'm certain that if you or your doctor has a concern about your child having ingested or absorbed heavy metal traces that testing would be ordered. At time time, though, it makes sense to focus on the most common issue rather than just randomly testing for everything with no basis.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• if we lived in an area that was really polluted, sure. and to the poster that posted about China, there is a lead bill that states, anyone who has clothing for sale, that comes from China, they need to test for lead, especially for Clothes made for children under 13. And they finally changed their wording, before there was a misunderstanding, and it doesnt include thrift stores, used clothing stores, consignment stores etc, as previously thought..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009