I have so much heartburn even if i eat something healthy and not acidic...is that normal?

Ways to help heartburn.

hahahaha11

Asked by hahahaha11 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i get heartburn from eating cereal in the morning; I just take Zintac ( think that's how it spelled) or drank ice cold water; may sound weird but for me it works.
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 11:29 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It was normal for me! I had horrible heartburn with both of my pregnancies, nothing i tried worked. In the end i just lived with it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:30 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep, I get terrible heartburn with pregnancy too and it only gets worse with each passing month. I have to take maximum strength Zantac (the 75 mg just doesn't cut it). It's over the counter and has been approved for pregnancy. Ask your dr about it.
    Anonymous

• When i was pregnant i had heartburn for the whole 9 months. I just had to deal with it.
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• take tums they help a lil i had it to i hated it no matter what i ate it sucked
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You could also eat smaller meals through out the day. Not big meals. That way your not over eatting at one time. By eatting smaller meals you keep something in your tummy always. Also keeps snacks with you. Like pretzels or crackers or something.
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Okay, this is really weird advice I got a couple weeks ago when I was having excruciating heartburn (to the point where I could barely get around without gagging acidy gunk). I was told to chew a piece of minty gum (I chose Orbit). I don't know why (& neither do they) but it worked wonders. It did not make it perfect or cure it completely, but it definitely eased to pain so that I wasn't as bothered by it. You should try it if nothing else helps.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009