Have you lost a lot of weight?

I need to lose at least 70 lbs. Any advice besides eat right and exercise? I need something a little less vague.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i lost 60 pounds. these are the most important things to do:
    1. cut out the bad carbs (bread, pasta, cereal, etc.) - dont eat them. once youve lost all of the weight you u want to loose, then you can eat them in moderation like once or twice a week - and on holidays and special occasions. eat good carbs - fruits & veggies
    2. eat LOTS of protein! especially before and after you work out. - chicken, turkey, tuna fish, steak, nuts, fish, EGG WHITES etc.
    3. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!
    4.CARDIO!! do as much cardio as you possibly can.
    5. strength training - excerising with weights. try and join a gym and go to classes. theyre great and when other people are doing it with you and the music is going, it makes it kind of fun.
    6. if you feel okay with this, check out some diet pills. you dont have to take them forever, just until you loose the weight. they'll help you do it faster.i took mega-t green tea pills and i bought the gum too
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• and i chewed the gum when i wanted to eat.
    7. EAT BREAKFAST!! you want to keep your metabolism going, so u need to kick start it in the morning and then keep it going through out the day. but dont eat after 7:00 at night.
    the best time to burn fat while working out, is in the morning.
    following this plan, it took me about 2-3 months to loose 60 pounds.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my dh lost 30 lbs on the HCG diet in less than a month. HCG shots every day and a 500 calorie diet daily consisting of breakfast: green tea, lunch 3.5 oz lean protein & veggies, dinner same, snacks are apples, oranges and grapefruit, lots of water and green tea. The HCG burns 4000 calories per shot. He looks fantastic!
    Anonymous

• i eat about 1000 to 1500 calories a day, and honestly i dont try to make it ALL healthy. sometimes if i feel like it i eat something fried or ice cream for dinner! lol, but i exercise A LOT. about 45 minutes a day of toning exercises. ie; crunches, lunges, squats, push ups. and i walk for 3 miles about 3 to 4 times a week. it took me 6 months, but i have lost 25 pounds.
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I cheated in May 9, I went to the dr.weighed 153. I am 5'2 and used to being 100 to 105lbs so she gave me phentermine 30 mg and June 10 went back and weighed 143 lbs and went today July 9 and weighed 136lbs. I still eat low carbs and exercise when I can. I need to get rid of my 4 kid belly flab so I do a lot of ab exercise
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 12:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• this is what is working for me.
    i cut out meat..sub beans for protein.
    water til u float away..8 glasses will be ok.
    bananas to sub your potassium loss.
    nooooooooo sugar!!
    lots of veggies..i feel like a plant already..kidding..i love the veggies!!
    physically it is a little uncomfortable for me to 'workout'..i go lite in that dept!!
    i do rice..pasta & bread maybe once a week.
    and do my coffee and/or cherrios for breakfast.. .
    it sounds like alot..for me it is working..i lost my first 17lbs. in 5wks.
    good luck with whatever u choose to do!!
    p.s. no alcohol..i totally changed my habits..i feel great though!!
    sheekjustice

Answer by sheekjustice at 12:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I've lost ten pounds just by cleaning houses! I carry loads of buckets around and ladders so I get my physical workout. I would love to lose 10 more pounds every month the trick is to be active and to lift some weights because you need muscle to help burn the fat off.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2009