How can a person make life easier with your sister-n-laws ?

I have 2 and none of us really get along with each other, but we do for the family... yesterday someone made a comment to me, stating i need to learn how to get along with my sisternlaws... ggggrrrr...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Hopefully that person also suggested to them that they need to learn to get along with you.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't have any sister-in-laws, my little brother is only 17, but one of my BIL's have had serious girlfriends. We all got along just fine. It would be nice if either one of my BIL's would get married, so I wasn't the only girl... ;)

Just be nice to them, and treat them with respect. That's how you get along with anyone...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. If they disrespect you then you owe them nothing. My dad used to say don't spend five min with someone you don't like or who disrespects you. There is so much more to life than those folks.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have 4 sil's-- they are all alot older than I am. 3 of them I really like and get along with, the 4th I can't stand (not many can stand her actually). When we are at family functions together I will be pleasant to her, and if she talks to me I do talk with her. Other than that I do try to stay away from her (if I can) and talk to the other family members that I do like and get along with.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I just put up with what I can handle in a certain amount of time and then just book it outta there when I think i'm gonna flip out! LOL

I don't see why I HAVE to try and get along with someone who is related by marriage. Its a weird situation, cause I can say anything to my family, but then with someone everyone wants me to treat like family does/says something I would go off on...I'm expected to be "nice" like they are a stranger or something?!?!

Fortunatly for me, we won't be around them much longer and I'll be damned if I EVER put up with them for an extended period of time again! LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009