my daughter eats half of a banana a day. how do i keep the other half from going bad so she can eat it the next day?

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 11:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Just cut the banana in half with a knife that way when your ready to use the other half you can just cut the exposed part off and I'm sure it would be fine.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I wrap the other end in Press n Seal or Saran Wrap and it keeps for a day.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Leave it in the skin and keep it in the refrigerator.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was at wal-mart the other day i think in the ice cream asile ... and they have random things hanging down , one was to cut ur sandwiches in half and the other was a nana keeper! lol u put the other half of the banana in there and it stays fresh! i have one cuz im just like ur daughter lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Don't put in fridge, it will go bad faster. Why don't' you eat the other half? Just a suggestion. You can put the other half in a ziploc baggie.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have seen mini bananas at most stores. Maybe that would be a better alternative to buying the bigger ones.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 9:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• actually tyfry, the cold slows the process of it going bad. If you have bananas that are going bad, you put them in the fridge and you can get a few more days out of them. (the outside will look brown/black but the inside will be fine)
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 10:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'd just buy smaller bananas. But in the past Ive sliced the remainder and froze them to make smoothies later.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2009