• In the Spotlight:

Christians: Our dead relatives and friends...

are they looking over us from above?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I THINK SO, OR HOPE SO, ALSO MAYBE ONE DAY GET TO SEE THEM AGAIN!

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The Bible speaks of a great cloud of witnesses, in Hebrews 12:1. I suspect that the angels and our loved ones who are waiting for us are in that group.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i believe that they are asleep in death and that one day we'll see them in the resurrection.

Passage Ecclesiastes 9:5-6:

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Passage Acts 24:15:

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
    Anonymous

• some sure.

when my cousins dad died.....he was 5..he didnt really get it..he thought daddy was at work. a few days late ri was babysitting him, and he looked up to the clouds and said "cousin mo, why is daddy in the clouds crying? why wont he come down?"

lil freaky. but he also committed suicide....so he shouldnt be in heaven, who knows
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• moiki, there is a passage in the bible about suicide or those that are not mentally there.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 1:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• he was very mentally off...lots of issues. the day he tried to kill himself, he tried to shoot my aunt and my cousin, and as they ran down the street he went on the porch, yelled this is because of monique (im monique) and shot himself in the head.........he had mental issues, hie family did.

very nasty......me and my mom cleaned it up. the cops didnt clean anything.

you know just to add.......that house was in our familiy...and everyone who lived their, their husbands died tragically. freaky freaky.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• don't move to that house---or have it blessed :)

I am leaving now, the kids want to eat but I will look for the verse later. From what you are saying I would believe the Lord had mercy on his soul.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 1:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• the family learned..no one has lived in that house since. and they cant sell it....the neighborhood sorta knows that house is not right.

when i used to go over their and babysit....whew......some bad things happened in that house, things ppl would normally not do....but they just sorta lost their mind in that house.

its kind of listed as a hauntedh ouse in that area now..no one wants to go near it, the teeangers want to see it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You know, ironically, my daughter and I were just discussing this same thing this morning. We were talking about how when we die, it's really a good thing because we go to live in heaven where we're never sick, we're always happy, and we're always with God and Jesus. We talked about how we on earth are sad when people die because we want them to be with us here on earth instead (because we're selfish, LOL).

Because of my personal belief and experiences with the paranormal, I do believe that our friends and relatives are able to look in on us from time to time - sometimes they do this through dreams, sometimes they just show up in front of us - but it's always with love that they do this.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If they were saved yes.. they become part of the cloud of witnesses mentioned in the bible.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009