Should toddlers wear their diaper when swimming in a pool or creek?

My boys are 1 & 2 years old and are not potty trained. We are going swimming with friends today and im wondering what the correct thing is. Should I put them in their swim trunks with the mesh netting and forget the diaper?

luvinmyboys03

Asked by luvinmyboys03 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Swim diaper.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh...good idea but I dont have any. And I live out in the middle of nowehere so theres no stores around. Thanks, i'll get some this weekend.
    luvinmyboys03

Answer by luvinmyboys03 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• In a creek, I personally wouldn't worry about a swim diaper, but in a pool, I would most certainly put them in a swim diaper.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Swim diaper. And if youre not really liking the way it looks, put the swim trunks over the diaper.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Swim or cloth diaper
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• let them be free!! lol its the only time in their lives (legally) they can do that,
    my son is 2 and loves to be naked, but if its in a pool just a swim diaper should be fine,
    they work good.
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Swim diaper.
    Anonymous

• Pampers makes a swim diaper, also, they have special shorts and suits that are made for our diaper wearing people.. isnt it nice now to have such things.. when we were little, i think we swam naked LOL
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You should get swim diapers, some public pools like the one my in-laws lives near make it a requirement they have them if they're not potty-trained. You can get them in bulk or cheap at Walmart.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would go without. Neither a diaper or a swim diaper is going to hold in pee in the pool. They only hold in poo. So as long as he is pretty regular and you are fairly certain he wont be pooing in the pool a diaper would be pointless.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009