Why do you care how other people spend their money?

I see so many questions on here bashing the cost of weddings, rings, houses...
In life I see people complain about how much people spend on event tickets, rent, cars and just about anything else.

If you do this WHY? Why do you care? How does what other people spend their money on effect you?

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 11:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL, it doesn't.

But one person will see spending a lot of money, on say, a purse as being wasteful, but turn around and spend that same amount of money, on say, a Kitchen Aid Mixer. It's okay because it's worth it, but the purse is wasteful... People tend not to see beyond their own lives.

Personally, I think spending a lot of money on a wedding and purses and shoes and clothes is wasteful, but I would spend a lot of money on a vacation or a home to live in or kitchen stuff or things for my kids...

We all find ways to spend our extra money. We all have priorities, and we can't make other people's priorities our own...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Have you heard about the snow ball effect in consumerism?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my sister is like this. I think people are jealous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Who cares...right....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I spend my money on what I want to spend my money on. I don't worry about others. Those who worry about it are just jealous.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't worry how others spend thier hard earned money. It is none of my business.
    Anonymous

• I don't. I could care less.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• hmmmm I could care less what people spend their money on, it is not my business.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have never cared until the past few years, and I'm certainly not jealous because I've always worked hard and been able to buy everything I wanted. I am now trying very hard to not buy anything made in China. I also make an effort to spend my money at small, family-owned businesses and buy goods made in the U.S. because our economy and the "little guy" need all the help they can get. I don't get upset about how other people spend their money, but I do wish we could all come together as a country and improve our economy and keep our money here, ya know? That's why I care, but I think you probably meant the question in a different way, lol.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• There are a lot of nosy people out there, and I am starting to think much of them visit this site, lol. I ignore the rude, stupid and ignorant comments of those that like to point wagging fingers and bad mouth others.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009