What makes you happy???

I know that I suffer from servere depression, and take meds to help with it. I was in a very abusive relationship many years ago and I find that to this day it still effects me. I love my current DH, he makes me happy, and all 4 of my children, but I still find my self depressed. I'm very insecre and feel that my DH and kids deserve way better than me or what I can give them. Is there a way to overcome this or is it something I will live with the rest of my life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can over come it but I think you will need the help of a trained professional. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• What makes me happy?

Going somewhere peaceful and sitting there just listening to nature. Watching my kids play and realizing how great my life really is. My photography. Realizing how great my husband is and how lucky I am. Spending time with my family.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Counselor, that has helped my husband some with his depression/anxiety disorder.

As for what makes me happy....my childrens laughter.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Try counseling, that would really help!! Talking to a stranger that doesn't judge is a great way to get over things!! They are there to listen and give advice if that is what you want! OMG it feels good to talk to someone you know will not ever tell anyone. Sometimes it's best to tell a complete stranger your problems!! It truly helped me, I was extremely depressed thinking my kids needed someone better than me. And boy it helped, seriously see who takes your insurance and go!!
    Anonymous

• A counselor/therapist who listened to me and taught me self-meditation helped me a LOT.
    I've been in the same situation as you OP. Have hope. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2009