How to find a good non scam job?

Gianani

Asked by Gianani at 11:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I just started as an agent with kgb, but it doesn't pay much. (At most I'll be bringing in an extra $200 a month unless I'm really good, we'll see.) It's kind of like Cha Cha, but pays more.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 11:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I do chacha n my spare time, I have made $200 in a week before, but my butt hurt bad and it was christmas time.

chacha you really need to have an interests in math science military and health to get higher paying questions.
    Anonymous

• I have a great book on how to stay away from scams! It saved me lots of money and stress.

If you'd like to take a read click here

If you have any questions let me know.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have a list of legit home jobs on my site, they aren't all hiring all the time but they are all real companies. www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Go work for coke as a merchandiser they get paid great, and they are hiring like crazy right now all over the US. You get paid more than minimum wage, you get paid for milage(great money) you also get great over time hours. My DH was the only one working and there is 4 of us, and we were living great!! Go to cokecce.com and click on careers then go from there. It's a great job that pays great money!!! It is hard work but it pays off in the end for you and your family!!
    Anonymous

• I just recently started my own at home biz with my 2 little ones running around! The comp I work with just recently won an award from the BBB so it is no scam! If interested, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you and get you more info! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• m-avi

I have a couple of ideas for you. 

1)  I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom:    Work at Home Series

2)  I have compiled a listing of computer jobs in my Blog, both Paypal paying jobs and other.  You can check that list out here:    Mavi's Home Work Blog

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I know of a few home assembly jobs that are not scams but do require a lot of time and you will not make money as fast as we all would like to, but once they see you will work for them it is great.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009