(True or False) Do first-time-moms spend more in baby products than second-time-moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably true. The first time around, you get everything all your well-wishers tell you you'll absolutely need, and chances are you end up not using half of it. The second time around, you know what you will and won't use and can buy accordingly.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• true because second-time mamas have all the big things already... crib, changing table... etc
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• True im a first time mom and im sure that i have got many things that i dont need and when your on your 2nd time around you know what you should and shouldnt get.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I agree with seriousussifL with the hand-me-downs.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 12:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would guess yes. I know I spent a lot more on products for my first. With my younger kids, I knew a lot of it was unnecessary and knew which products I liked best and didn't have to purchase as many to try out.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Is more about first-time-moms spending on things that they will never use.
    Anonymous

• I would say true. I only have one child right now but everything from him I am saving for the next. I think the only thing I will have to buy is if the baby is a girl, some girlie clothes.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how long in between children. I have spent more on my 2nd child in baby products than my first. My first I was 19 and we didn't have a lot of money and our family bought a lot of big stuff for our baby shower. For my second, I bought everything and have more money so I tend to splurge and my baby shower I got a lot of clothes and small things
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would say usually true, I had to buy alot of bigger items such as the crib and changing table for the first but now my second baby will use that stuff so it will save money. Although my first was a girl and this time I am having a boy so I had to buy some new clothes although I am going to be able to reuse the white onesis, and some neutral clothes from my dd. I am buying a new stroller for this baby because I want a sit and stand stroller but that is the most expensive thing I have to buy.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think it is true more often than it is false, but it's not true in every case. My twins were born 11 years after my first, so I had gotten rid of all but a few baby items. I believe I would have spent more even on one baby the second time around because I had more to spend. With my first I would carefully consider even small purchases like sippy cups, but now I just grab them and throw them in my shopping cart.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009