How early do you start?

How early do you start getting your kid ready for school? Routines, shopping, waking them up early enough to get ready, ect?

Alexsmom04

Asked by Alexsmom04 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I usually start a couple of weeks before school starts. I don't think it is a good idea to begin it too soon. But that is just my opinion.
    singlemomof2nok

Answer by singlemomof2nok at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• A week or so before.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• We start adjusting bed times about a week before.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• We never got out of the routine as far as sleep. As far as shopping we started when everything went on sale after schol let out and will finish in a few weeks when it goes on sale again.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 12:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Wow, I am so diffrent. We got off schedule bad for the summer, so new sleep schedule started july 6th (after our big 4th party and clean up) so 1 month early. Plus school starts an hour earlier than last year so up by 6 out by 6:50-7:00 and at school by 7:20-7:30. Clothes are easy because it's uniforms. $300 worth is all years worth of clothes. yahoo!! I even cheated and already ordered the box of school supplies on the list through the school for $32.00 so I am done!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• wow anon 9:56, that is cool you are already done. I have a little bit of stuff left to do, buy a lunchbox and that kind of stuff and then clothes shopping and my sons eye appointment and then I am done too. How old are your kid(s)? My son is 5 and that is why I was wondering how early everyone starts the school sleep schedule.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2009