Baby cries every time you pull away bottle

I have a 3 week old baby girl. I am feeding her formula. We started out using similiac advance early shield, and every time you pull the bottle away to burp her she cries and screams! The doc thought maybe it was the formula, so we switched to soy and that didn't help, then we switched to sensitive and we're still on that and it's not helping either. I don't know why she is like this. any ideas???

brynnsmommy09

Asked by brynnsmommy09 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No baby likes to have their bottle taken away to be burped. She's hungry, that's why she is crying. It doesn't have anything to do with the formula.
    Anonymous

• First poster nailed it. She's just mad you're taking her bottle away from her when she's hungry. You'd be mad, too, if someone took your plate away from you in the middle of your meal, before you were full.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I agree. My little piggie hated to be burped but was fine once she was full. She'd get mad too if I didn't make a big enough bottle or was having a growth spurt so all of a sudden wanted more.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my little boy (5 weeks) does the exact same thing and we use the same formula too... he doesn't cry long though especially after he burps :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My 4 1/2 month old still does this. She likes her bottles.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009