Do you feel the mucus plug?

I am 38 weeks tomorrow and looking for signs of progress. I'm still high and thick as the doctor explains it. I know losing your mucus plug is not difinate sign of labor. I just wanted to know when you eventually lose your plug, do you actually feel it coming out?

Ames826

Asked by Ames826 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You would probably just feel like you have stuff in you undies but other than that I dont think you would really feel it come out. I have lost mine with both pregnancies and both time I found it when I went to wipe after I peed, there was a mucas on the toilet paper but I didnt feel it actually come out.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Also what color is it? Is it pinkish brown or something? I would be able to tell it from normal discharge?
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Mine was just like mucas at first but since I lost it over several days it was more clear. Although it can have streaks of like brown looking blood in it. It is very thick. If you google it you can find some pictures, I think they look nasty but it would at least give you more of an idea what to look for.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I lost mine both times while I was using the bathroom; I didn't feel anything, just heard a plop, which is not normal during urination, lol. Color-wise, the bulk of it will probably be a whitish/yellowish color (like normal discharge), possibly with some pink or brown tinge to it, but not necessarily. And you can definitely tell it apart from normal discharge because there's a lot more of it. That's assuming, of course, that it all comes out at once, but it's also possible to lose it in pieces, in which case you might not ever realize that you've lost it.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009