My SO & I having argument over money... I'm finally putting my foot down.

Well my SO & I are having a disagreement about the cable bill. I know it sounds so petty. But the thing is the cable bill is in my name. I pay it every month with my own money. My SO regularly orders the UFC fights on ppv which is almost $50 everytime you order one. Every time he orders one (i don't watch them) he says he'll pay for it. But everytime the bill comes he NEVER gives me the money. I don't have an extra $50 to pull out of my ass so this pisses me off. He wants to order the fight for this Saturday but I told him he has to give me the money upfront or he won't be watching it. He refuses & says he'll pay it when the bill comes, which I know is a lie. He's pissed off at me but I don't care. Who's wrong me or him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• if he is ordering he should pay for it. .though i never think of my money as MY money (wait i have none im a SAHM lol). . its OUR money.. but i see your point. . he should give you that money for HIS fights.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Him...I just wouldnt pay the bill and let it get shut off and if he asks why then tell him that he didnt give you the money so you didnt pay it. Then he wont be able to watch anything.
    Anonymous

• My SO && I live together, but all of our money is put together so we both pay all the bills. But if you guys are each paying certain bills, then I think you are right. He should have to give you the money for the things he adds on to it. Just like if you made one of his bills go up, then you should have to pay the difference. If you are separating everything like that then it's only fair. Why don't you guys just put your money together though??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Tell him to sell tickets to watch the fight. That way if he gets five ppl to pay $10 to watch the fight then neither one of you have to pay for it and it's paid up front. Tell folks to eat before they come too bc no snacks provided!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would call the cable company and tell them not to authorize the fight unless YOU call and order it. Then just don't be in the house that evening and don't answer your phone so he can't watch it. He'll get the point.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Don't you two share a banking account, just take it out of his account. All the money we have is in 3 different accounts and both our names are on the account. If he forgets to pay a bill, or pay for something he bought, I just go into the account and pay for it myself. It's OUR money not mine or his.
    Anonymous

• If you don't combine household finances then I figure he's ordering, he can pay.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OP Here..
    We are not married. He's only my bf so NO WAY do we share any accounts. I have my accounts, he has his. The home we live in is his house not mine. The agreement is that he pays the mortgage whichis $850 & I pay all the utilities.. which includes gas, electric, water, cable, phone & I buy all the groceries. So it evens out the same. I'm on a budget with my finances & he makes more money than I do. I dont think it's fair for him to add to my expenses & not pay for it himself.
    Anonymous

• Call the cable company and block PPV.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Don't do what Anon 12:24 suggested. You don't want to get a bad mark on your credit report just to keep your boyfriend from being able to order PPV. I would do what rkoloms said or the person that suggested having his friends over and charging them. Or tell him to go to someone else's house to watch it. Seriously $50 to watch one fight on TV? That's ridiculous!
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009