potty training a boy have u done this

okay i have tryed many of times and now i m on him about it full force .. well he will be 3 in aug he dont talk really well he dnt say sentences but say words and when u tell him too do smething he knws what ur saying well this morning i didnt put a diaper on him i decided i was going too try too potty train again
well i have been making him sit on potty and tell him too pee in there he peed on floor once this morning and there is a few drops of pee in his potty now.. i praied him for that .. i need him potty trained im buying diapers 4 two now. and ideas tips?
he been slappn his wee wee ha any of ur boys done this? please i need help.. wheni put big boy undies on him he just wet them or sinkies in them.. help he wil be 3 aug 30th

ashley_nick30

Asked by ashley_nick30 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have your DH show him how to pee, my son cannot stand to sit down and pee(he's barely 2) so he stands over the potty and holds his penis and pees(not all the time just after a bath) I know his exact time for when he goes poop every day but I've tried taking his diaper off and making him sit on the potty and he just wont go until that diaper is on! Sometimes it just takes them longer, I'm buying diapers for 2 as well, but I just make them both wear the same size, saves money and time on finding different diapers. When he gets tired of feeling the poop and pee on himself he'll let you know he wants to use the potty. Try regular underwear and when he starts to go sit his butt on the potty or try those pull-ups where it gets cold when he pees, my son didn't like the feeling so he would take it off and go to the bath tub to pee(yuck I know) LOL but again sometimes they're just not ready, he'll let you know when. Oh cont.
    Anonymous

• Cont. Also try letting him pee on cheerios, my DH showed him how to pee on them and he thinks it's funny so he likes to do that. Or put a small drop of dish soap and let him pee and watch the bubbles come up, but make your DH show him all of this.
    Anonymous

• I potty trained 3 boys and a girl. My husband was out to sea or on business trips during the vast majority. You do not need a man to help you train a boy. Teach them to sit first for both pee and ppop. They can learn standing later. The most important thing is is he ready. By 3 'most' boys are pretty close to ready. Consistancy is key. Once you start you have to stick with it. No starting and stopping it confuses them..thats why you have to be sure they are ready. I always gave mine something to drink every 15 mins and set a potty timer for every 20-30 mins. Praise Praise Praise when they go in the potty. Sticker charts worked well for one of mine that was esp difficult to train. 7 sticker he got a 'prize' Usually it is something that costs 2 bucks or less. Don't worry about at night . Get the day time down and then work on at night.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I just potty trained my 2yo. He didn't like sitting on the potty- we went straight to standing up for #1- like his dad. Give him good rewards after he goes. We don't reward anymore for #1- he's got the hang of it. #2 still takes some bribes otherwise he will hold it in. For us it's a piece of Hershey's chocolate (his favorite). I also took the advice from another mom on the potty training. She suggested i explain in detail where the poop and pee go when flushed- down the hole, down the pipe, under the house, under the yard, to the BIG hole under the road, down the street, to the poop factory. He thought that was just AWESOME and loved to watch everything go down. Boys are into that kind of stuff! LOL We also bought a good book that he liked called No More Diapers for Ducky which I think helped. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• My grandson just turned 3 and we finally got him trained right about his b-day. It sounds like your son may not be ready yet, but in any case, you can try what worked for us... stickers! He got to put on one sticker for every time he went pee on the potty and two for poop. He learned to pee sitting down, but now he insists on standing to pee, which is good. I think he learned that from watching the other boys at preschool.
    eternallymom

Answer by eternallymom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I bought diapers for three because I waited until they were ready.
    Anonymous

• I think teaching your sons to stand and pee is an important matter for you, so let me tell you some thing then, not bad if you know that in my culture male people avoid peeing while standing! In my country it's so, as my religion has recommended not to pee while standing, and to do it while sitting or squatting. There, you teach the kid when he can stand up, how to pee while standing, but it's not so here. However, I am male and quite healthy, but I don't pee while standing. Peeing sitting down, as some of you pointed, is cleaner, so why do you waste time and energy to clean the bathrooms made dirty by peeing standing up? I think the best way is to teach your sons to sit as usual, and stand when needed, and then, you won't need to be in the trouble of teaching them aiming, because when standing is needed it's a situation like the toilet is dirty or there's urinal or there's an outside condition, and then no aiming is required.
    Ali_E

Answer by Ali_E at 3:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009