2 baby's under 2

Ihave a 6 month old baby and am pregnant again. Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with having babys around a year apart? Also this question is kinda dumb but do you make a baby registery for your 2nd baby? Im just wondering because I dont wanna seem greedy. Thanks for all the help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My babies are closer to 2 years apart than 1, but I would suggest trying to relax and just see what happens, it might not be as bad as you're afraid it will be. My toddler absolutely loves his baby sister and isn't jealous at all like I thought he would be. And it doesn't hurt to make a registry. You don't have to hand out the information, but that way it's there if anyone asks.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My 2 under 2 are twins, so your experience will be a little different. I think you just have to take it one day at a time. Try to get your older one on a good schedule before the new baby comes, and then just cut yourself some slack when you are dealing with two so young. Accept help from family and friends after the new baby is born. Mainly, just don't forget to be good to yourself!

You'll probably already have a lot of things you need, but I think you can make a baby registry anyway to let people know what things you do still need. People who want to buy you a gift may ask about a registry, and when they do you can tell them - that does not appear greedy to me. People who think the gift they bought for your first baby was the only one they should buy will not ask about your registry, so you will not appear greedy to them either.

Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My youngest two are 18months apart. The first year was hard, but doable. Now that they are 18months and three, it is WONDERFUL. The older one is on a schedule, so the younger one just follows along and he is on schedule with his brother. They eat, play, and sleep at the same time and keep each other entertained.
    As to the registry I would wait and see if your friends or family is going to throw you another shower, it might depend on if you are having another baby of the same sex or not. I also agree with tweentwinmommy about it not being greedy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I understand exactly...my daughter was 7 mos old on the day I found out I was pregnant again...I was shocked and felt bad (sometimes still do) I wanted my first to grow up a little older before I tried again...oppppppssss. I am hoping for a girl but expecting a boy just incase, if I have a boy my cousins who have boys will give the baby boy stuff and clothes, if I have a girl then I already have everything that baby needs....just need more bedroom stuff. I'm waiting to see if I get another shower myself...Good luck to you if you need someone to talk to just stop by and say hey!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I got pregnant when my dd was 5 months. they will be 14 months apart and let me tell you it is a lot of work and very stressful. Try and get as much help as you can with the baby, expecially when they start crawling and walking all over, it gets very exhausting. as for how they will act towards eachother i'm not quite sure i still have 8 weeks left. also give your baby a baby doll right away so they can learn to be gentle and get used to you holding another baby a lot. about the registry, i say that if you are having the same sex then use the stuff you already have, no sense in it otherwise, and if it is a different sex use most of your old stuff as possible and put gender specifics on your registry.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009