what would you love to get in a "new mom" gift basket?

My best friend had her son 3 days ago, I want to send her a basket because I couldn't make it to her baby shower and won't be there at all. (she lives in FL, I live in NY) What are some things you would LOVE to have gotten from a best friend on your first weeks as a new mom?? She pretty much has everything she NEEDS, I'm guessing helpful mom stuff and luxury items.
THANK YOU!!!!!

And just because I'm excited..

I'M 30 WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!

=D

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 12:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmm...how about a nice pair of jammies and a nice robe or slippers to make midnight feeding a bit more comfy...I would stay away from scented lotions and all that stuff b/c newborns can be sensitive to it...

Congrats on 30wks!!!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• SLIPPERS and a nice ROBE to walk around in, comfortable clothing was what I could have used the first few weeks after having my son. You just don't have enough energy or time to get dressed. Also some kind of bath beads to relieve stress. Maybe even some chocolate would help or whatever sweets she likes. My DH bought me some comfort food to make me feel more comfortable, it felt nice. Anything to make her feel comfortable and feel like she doesn't need to dress up, just relax in some sweats or a robe.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• A cheesy romance novel LOL. Candles, bath soaps, lotions...things to help me relax.

Maybe a massage roller thing for hubby to use on my back or feet too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• This is without regard to expense, ok? I'm just babbling off the top of my head.

I'd've LOVED to get a sampling of some of the foofy (especially organics) baby care products that I wouldn't normally spend money on.

A few chewy toys that he might not have used then but damned well has been using since he was 4 months old.

hrmm...one of the best gifts I got was a really, really, really, supremely nice hooded towel and washcloth. This isn't carters. I don't know where it's from, but it's LUXURIOUS! lol

Babies R Us gift cards were probably the best gift of all, though way too practical.

Bumkins brand burp cloths are super soft and absorbant and way, way better than anything else I used (except newborn sized prefold cloth diapers, but I digress.).

The big, towel bibs that go over the head with no closures are the best, IMO. They can't be pulled off and babies find them less irritating, I think.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• choclate,bubbe bath stuff,slippers and a nightgown....slipper socks,if she like wine a bottle of wine......a glass wont hurt even if she is bf just dont drink it before feeding baby
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• A "coupon" for free babysitting so I could have a night out with the hubby :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I agree with slippers, night gown (specifically for nursing if she is), robe, socks, wine, even some transition clothes, like yoga pants and a hoodie, that's what I lived in while waiting for my body to get back. I also think a gift certificate for to a local salon for a manicure and pedicure would be nice.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• for me one or two house cleaning sessions or a gift certificate to a couple take out places that will deliver dinner.

Cooking and cleaning were the two things that I never had time for.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Can you call a local restruant she loves and have them deliver a fave meal to her house? Or have one of those dinner service places drop off a weeks worth of dinners. There is one around her called Super Suppers and they have like one dinner a day they make and its all homemade and put in catering tins and they deliver them hot or cold to your house.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Have dinner delivered to her house. Send enough that it will last 2 days (include appetizers). I like the dinner service idea!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009