• In the Spotlight:

what happens when you lose your mucos plug?

Is it just mucos or is there blood to and is it painful can you have cramps with it or is it not painful and you dont notice?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• some women never notice, it can be just a mucus blob, or can be mixed with a tinge of blood- its not painful though it USUALLY means labor will begin in the next 24-48 hours if labor doesnt start it will grow back in place,
    I lost mine with my second pregnancy, but never lost it with my first, It must have came out with the baby, either that or I just never noticed it.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It's mostly mucus, possibly with some pink or brown streaking to indicate a little blood (more than that, you need to call the doctor). It's not painful at all, I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't hear the plop in the toilet when I was using the bathroom (not normal while peeing, so I looked, and there was a big glob of mucus). You'll notice if it comes out all at once because that's a lot of mucus, but if it comes out in pieces, it's possible you won't notice that it's gone.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• mucus plug wat the heck is that???
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 1:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I didn't even know I'd lost mine, I went in for routine check up with obgyn and he told me i'd done lost mine, and was dialated to a 1.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well,all I can tell you,when you lose it, labor is soon to come.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009