• In the Spotlight:

bed canopy ideas?

I want to make a canopy over my tweens bed
do NOT have a canopy bed
one that hangs from the ceiling
I have two shear panels each 57 by 216
Any ideas from you creatives out there

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• get a hula hoop.. and go to your local hardware store and get planter hanging hooks. then stick the curtains onto the hoops and hang from the ceiling.. use above ideas for creative decoration tips.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• go to a craft store and get a metal/plastic ring thats 2 to 3 ft in diamiter, a ceiling hook, and some fishing line, tie 3 or 4 peices of fishing line about 1 or 2 ft long(depending on how far you want it to hang from the ceiling) to the ring, sew the top of the fabric round the ring, and maybe to make it a little prettier sew on some flowers or butterflys or something....

i hope this helps!
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 12:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Im in the process of doing this with my bed...you can eaither get a curtain rod and hang it over the bed then use drapes as you would with a window panel...or you can staple the panels to the ceiling and sperate them to each side of the bed
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I like lilliedoll's idea. But I think you could use more than one hook (forget the fishing line-it might snap under weight and the whole thing would come down) and use the hooks to hold it around the circumference between the panels or curtains. And to disguise the ring (which if you can't find one at a craft store you could try a circular shower rod) you could sew some pretty trim around the sleeve that the rod goes into. You could use sheer curtain panels. They have some really cute ones for a girl's room at Lowes.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You could get two wooden dowels as long as the bed is wide. Hang them perpendicular to the bed a few feet apart. Use heavy-duty fising line to hang from the ceiling. Then just drape the fabric over the two dowels. It would just need to be a lightweight fabric, like tulle.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• What about putting together some simple trellis type arbors? You know like the small ones you can buy at home depot or lowes. One at the foot of the bed and one at the bottom. Place a dowel rod in between and hang the sheers on that. If you have to buy the premade arbors it might get expensive though.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• you can buy them already made though.
    xxhazeldovexx