Anyone else....

Since being in your relaltionship or marriage, has anyone else lost touch of the outside world. I've always somewhat been picky about who I hang out with (but that's neither her nor there) i've noticed though since i've been a mother and in my relationship, everything revolves around my family. I no longer have time for friends and my family lives 1,500 miles away. This makes it especially hard when my SO and I get into a fight, I feel so isolated. Anyone else feel this way??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• i feel this way too. i mean sure my parents and my family are close to where we live, but i still dont go to the when we have a fight. they think were like the perfect couple or something so i feel like i can never tell them when we fight. plus i dont have any real true friends around here so its hard.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I used to. Then an old old friend of mine and I got back in touch, and she started inviting me to her "girls night" every Thursday. It is simply a bunch of women, no men aloud, all hanging out at her house. We have a beer if we want to, listen to the radio, bbq, and let the men stay at home and deal with the kids (it is done on Thursday nights cause that is when her SO works so he wouldn't feel put out of his own house).

I was reluctant to go, and then one day my SO and I got into a fight, I gave her a call and she told me to come on over. It was such a great release! I don;t go EVERY week, but probably every other week, and it is just what the doctor ordered.

What I have found is that there will be no time for you. You have to MAKE time for you, schedule it, or you will never get it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• all the time and my parents live less then a mile from me, my husband and my kids have been my world for so long now I don't think I know how to have friends lol
    Anonymous

• I've never really felt that. We had about a year where I didn't know anybody in the town we moved in and that was lonely, but my parents were only 2 hours away and my friends from my hometown. But I've always had close friends. I've always had time for them and vice versa. But I'm a social person by nature, so devoting 100% of my time to my hub and kids would put me in the nut house lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have lost touch with all my friends because I turned my entire focus on my family. While my friends were dealing with their preteen kids, I was still having babies. My family is blended and we had teens,little kids, and babies, so there was not alot in common with my friends anymore. Especially when I stopped working!
    It gets lonely, and I have done some deep soul searching, but I think I have finally found peace with my decision to be a stay at home mom and home school educator. And we try to find people who share our type of life style.
    But now, I'm on the other end, meaning, I have small children, but I'm older than alot of the parents with children this age. Oh well!
    My family is also 300 miles away now too.
    promom

Answer by promom at 12:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Welcome to my world! I'm 20, 8 months pregnant with my first child, and both my DH and my families are 1700 miles away. We dont fight a lot but he's gone for weeks at a time, he left today for 3 weeks, so its just me and the dog. And I have no friends up here. Sucks! But, if you want to add me we can chit chat lol
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009