foodstamps

when u dont use all ur foodtamps one mnth do the roll over too the next mnth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes, it's like a bank account if the money isn't used it stays there!
    Anonymous

• I love how this is in food and drink. LOL! Not sure where else you would put it, but it is funny.

Sorry, don't know the answer to this question. I don't get foodstamps, wish I did, but I don't:(
    Anonymous

• Yes, they will roll over but in some states if they see that you have a LOT left over every month they will adjust your benefits.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh shit I better start using my money or the gov't will catch on that they are giving me too much. thanks for the tip motherofanaires.
    Anonymous

• yes they roll over when we stopped receiveing them after SO got a new job i had enough rolled over to alst 3 months
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• well that depends what state you live in.. Ny state allows the money to be rolled over.. but only for up to 4 months... if at the end of the 4th month you still have left over foodstamps.. they will whipe your account clean.. and you will receive the next day only the amount for the coming month..

ex. say you have 100 extra for 4 months.. and then on the last day of the 4th month they see 400 they will remove it all.. and leave you with your xxx amount for the coming month.

However I never have that much left over.. I usually have about 35 dollars left a month.. and I tend to bring a dish to pass for the church monthly dinner.. so I consider that as part of my tithe.. since I bring.. $35.00 of food into the church.. I always make sure that the pastor and his family take anything I brought home with them.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes, they roll over, just make sure you use them all before your case closes or you lose them. In Wisconsin they don't take the foodstamps back until your case is closed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009