Hubby is a huge flirt

He always has been, and his mom said he was even as a child, but its really starting to bother me. He does it with just about any girl, but usually females that are closest to me, like my aunt or my sis in law. He starts out just playing around with jokes, then he tries to make them uncomfortable by holding their hand and stuff. I told him that was too intimate and it bothered me so he's stopped that, but he also feels the need to hug them and kiss them on the cheek everytime we are leaving their house or saying goodbye. Am I being silly? Do I have a right to really just want to shoot them women?because thats how I feel. He tells me thats just how he is and has always been. Which is true, his whole family is like that, but the flirting bothers me and I dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• It's never bothered me, my hub is, and has always been, a flirt. When my girlfriends come over he will give them a hug and a peck on the cheek, doesnt phase me one bit. But he's never gone over his boundaries and if it bothered me, he would probably stop.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• that would definatly bother me. i would not put up with my husband flirting with other girls in front of my face. i would put a stop to that right away. or give him a taste of his own medicine. you shouldnt want to shoot the women though cuz its not there fault, you should want to shoot your husband!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If you knew that he always has been, then my guess is that he was when you guys were dating as well, how could you expect that to change? There is a part of you that liked it before or else you would have addressed this situation a long time ago.

I say get over it...he isn't going to change, he is who he is, and he isn't doing anything wrong (IMO)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You can't change him. It sounds like it's just part of his personality and there are probably times he doesn't even realize he's doing it. My friends used to tease me because I'm that way as well, but it was good natured teasing and they realized that my playful attitude was part of the reason they liked me. That being said, I would never knowingly flirt with my friends husbands. If your husband knows he's doing it, he should stop. But if it's just his personality there is nothing you can do.

Answer by missanc at 1:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• although i agree that you can't change him...sometimes men change after the wedding. My first husband did. he was a huge flirt, and at first i was just annoyed. Then, it became just do direspectful to me, and he did it to get to me also. Then, the flirting changed to cheating.

My now husband would never flirt with anyone in front of me, or even without me there. He respects me, our marriage, and our commitment to each other. He's very charming, but he knows where the "line" is.
    Anonymous

• taht would bother me to why dont you go be a flirty mama sita do it in front of him maybe he will ease up a little
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 1:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• sounds like a typical gemini but i could be wrong!
    Anonymous

• You married a flirt, you knew that...

Now you want him to be some thing else..

I would have to say, you need to get some more self esteem...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• if he can't change you have only two options accept it or not. that sucks i have a husband who is bad with finances but i would rather have that then him flirting. your strong for putting up with it. if you think about it it's not just disrespectful to you but to all women. plus what do you kids think or would think about it. oh boy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well as long as it's just a little flirting I wouldn't let it bother you. If thats' all it is. But if it's too much like he's trying to make a move on the girls . Then You should sit down with him and tell him how you feel and that you need him to turn it down a notch or two, or stop.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 3:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009