Has anyone told you that your toddler cries as if someone was hurting him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No but I'm afraid people think so! My son will scream when he's getting his diaper changed or getting his clothes changed. He has done it since the day he was born. I guess he doesn't like getting dressed, lol. I shudder to think what the neighbors are thinking!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 3:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• LOL yeah, my DD is 1 and OMG she'll cry out of no where and I'll run to see whats wrong and it's nothing she's just crying. She did it once in the car and we thought something was wrong so we pulled over and as soon as we took her out she was fine, put her back down and bam she was screaming!! My son is 2 and he's too embarrassed to cry in front of people but my DD OMG I can't believe the way she cries. It's not a big deal, if someone thinks anything bad who cares as long as YOU know your child is fine then your ok. My DH will hold her if she cries in public because we don't want people to think anything, it's already bad enough that we're interracial so we try to avoid more attention(thats just us though), but again as long as you know your child is ok.
    Anonymous

• anon thank you so much for your post. op

Anonymous

• who ever told you that has little experience in the real world observing lots of toddlers or raising any!!! I'm sorry you're wondering that mommy. That's terrible. Toddlerhood and babyhood are the most years of life that verbal tears and screaming temper tantrums are used hence terrible toos. Years past that can be like that too but more often are times of silent treatment given by the child who is offended by another person.

I've got three kids, my youngest is a teen (GOD HELP ME HORMONES!!!!) and another daughter in her early twenties and a son who's twenty five years old and tantrums still run rampant!!!
    Anonymous

• NO never why are you going through that?? I'm always with my baby if not I know shes in good hands man thats a mothers worst nitemare this world is crazy be careful watch out for that or those precious angelz... kids should never be in danger at home or anywhere... My prayers go out for children becaause they're helpless I've been ther e when I was little I've been hurt and its hard to live with
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 1:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I gotta tell you my two year old is a crybaby her grandma jokes telling me not 2 pinch her my kid screams likes shes dying when she can't have what she wants terrible twos i guess....hahaha
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 1:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I always joke that I was glad my son was born in the winter because if we had the windows open our whole neighborhood would think we beat our child- he had terrible colic and finally at 18 months out grew the all day whining and crying - ugh.... I mean, on an average day til recently he would cry a good 6 times minimum...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Why would anyone say that? My daughter has different cries and you can definatelly tell the difference between an I'm hurt, anI"m hurngy, or an I'm cranky cry! I think I'd be a little offended if someone said that to me. I dunno though.
    Anonymous

• I say that about my own kids! When I'm telling my mom about a tantrum one of the boys had, I might say "he was crying like i was beating him!" I would never beat him so it's just an analogy. I've heard other people say that about other kids too. "He/she was crying like someone hit him." I think it's just a way to describe how the child was crying, especially if there was no apparent reason for the child to be crying, except they didn't get something they wanted or something.
    Anonymous

• My DD screams like some one is killing her, I honestly got used to it, specially when we are out shopping, if she doesn't get what she wants ( which is most of the time) she starts hollering like I beat the crap out of her, I just look around and said "she's not getting what she wants, so she'll have to suck it up"
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009