How to potty train a Gurlie???

I'm having trouble training her its like whatever I do she does the opposite... what the heck its all gd My kid is gonna be potty trained in no time shes not even two...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i took mine potty everytime i went to start off with. then I started taking her every 15-30 minutes. Then when she started doing good. I offered her positive reinforcements. I would offer her candy if she went in the potty. 1 M&M or Skittle for peeing in the potty and 2 for pooping. Once she started only going to the potty to get candy I stopped. Then I started putting panties on her and if she went in her pants I let her sit in it for a bit so she could feel the yuckiness of being soiled in her pants. She finally didn't like the feeling and started going only in the potty. She has been diaper free for around 5 months now
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I bought my dd Dora underwear and told her that Dora doesn't like to get wet so if she needs to pee she has to go on the potty and it worked like a charm!
    Anonymous

• My daughter was super easy to potty train. A few months after her birthday I started setting her on the potty in the mornings & she quickly picked up on what she was supposed to do. I helped my sister potty train her daughters as well. Her first she didn't start training until she was 2 & a half, it was a terrible battle of wills. She seemed to use potty training as an opportunity to exerct control & refused to go - it took like 6 months to train her. The second one I convinced her to start earlier (about 18 months) and again it was as easy as putting her on the potty & letting her pick up on the idea. I think the age made a difference, but of course personality always plays in too.
    Anonymous

• mine turns two soon, a girl, she has very little interest in the potty chair. I take her in with me and she likes to watch and wave bye bye to the pee and poo and drop the lid, but not interest in hers.
    But lately when she gets out of tub, she will pee if not diapered soon (guess it is the cool air) she will sit on her potty while I put little dots of lotion on her, she likes to rub it in. Now she only gets her lotion after bath when she is sitting on there

she has not peed in it yet

So I am in the same boat

she will soon enough
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009