Need Help! Moving tips.

Just bought a new house and need to start packing up. I'm just not sure where to start.

For those of you that have moved before or who are in the military and move often, what do you start with first?

What are some important tips or words of wisdom? I'm about ready to say "I have too much stuff and I'm not moving anything and just buying all new stuff"

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 1:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We are in the process of moving now.I've been packing,cleaning & tossing for a few weeks now & I feel like all I'm doing is making a bigger mess by dragging all this crap out, LOL. But I know that when we are in the new house, all this work will pay off. I started in the basement by dragging out all the boxes and seeing what kind of stuff we have stored,going through every thing and tossing what we really haven't used in forever and is pretty much just taking up space.Same theory for each room. My son is in Nevada visiting his dad so I packed up his entire room...gave away and tossed old toys,books and clothes.I do a few hours of going through stuff every day.It wouldn't take so long if I didn't feel the need to stop and get sentimental over old stuff I haven't seen in forever,lol.We have designated places in the house to stack packed boxes.I figure I'll do kitchen last because we use that the most.Moving in less than 2 weeks!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Start with the kitchen. Its eaiser to pack up all the stuff that will break eaisly first this way you know where all of it is. Also get alot of newspaper so nothing breaks. Then go to the living room and pack up all of that. Sometimes it helps to do all the electronics last. And your clothes should be easy dont worry about folding everything just throw in in a box and if it gets wrinkled then throw it in the dryer to fluff it up. and dont take things hanging off hangers it just makes more work for you. If i can thank of any other tips ill come back and let you know
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009