buying a toddler bed, anyone have any suggestions on a good bed?

proudmomma777

Asked by proudmomma777 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Personally I would skip the toddler bed. Just buy a regular bed and the rails to keep them from falling off. Toddler beds can only be used for a few years and you have to buy a big bed anyway. They just seem like a waste of money to me.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Depends on what you are looking for. My crib converted to a toddler bed so we use that. Daughter is 2 and still falls out so a big bed wouldn't be a good idea just yet. She's good at finding the spaces on the sides, I"m sure! :) If you want your child to be able to get in and out of bed easily, without assitance a toddler bed would be good. There are many options and you can use the same crib mattres and sheets. Big bed works good too depending ont eh the railing, but it will be harder for your child to get into at night. My toddler bed doesn't have a railing and I can't seem to find any. So I just have two body pillows on the floor in front of it. When she falls out, she doesn't even wake up. I just find her sleeping on the pillows in the am.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first reply.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 6:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Make sure you get the rails though.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 6:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• wouldnt buy the toddler bed its a waste of money they arnt in it very long and they have as much room in there as they would the crib ... get a twin or a single bed and get bed rails for it its alot cheaper and will last alot longer for him
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• thanks girls. i'll actually check both out. i'm kinda leaning towards the toddler bed because it's lower to the floor. but, i dont know, i'll see both. thanks again.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009