How much did yourwedding cost and how much money did you end up getting from your guests?

Someone told me that the amount of money you get from your guests is suppose to equal the cost of your wedding. SO I'm just curious if this it true. Feel free to post anonymous if you'd like. This question is in NO WAY to cause any trouble.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Actually, it can be relative to how much is spent. The more money you have to spend on your wedding, the more money the people you invite probably have. So the more money your guests will give you and the more guests you will have invited.

But I wouldn't expect it to equal or or rival what you spent unless your father is the godfather or something ;)
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my total wedding cost was close to 50,000. my gown was 800. we recieved 35,000 in gift money. (but i got a check for 25,000 in that count. from my grandparents who had started a savings acct for me when i was born that i was unaware of until my wedding day...) my wedding was amazing, the most beautiful day ever imagined - thanks to my parents. :)
    Anonymous

• wow you are really lucky anon!!! My family is pushing me to get married but would never help with ANY of the cost!!!
    Anonymous

• Our wedding cost about $1000, paid for all by his parents and my parents. My mom made my dress, I made the flower arrangements and a friend of a friend made our wedding cake. My mom made the grooms cake and his mom bought alot of the stuff for the reception. We got $500 in cash and a $25 gift card from Walmart that we had to use to get me some tennis shoes because I forgot mine. It was a small but wonderful wedding. 10 yrs later, we are still happy.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 2:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yeaaaaaaah...I know this isn't the point of your question, but on a related note, when I was getting married I posted on the Knot a lot. A few of the girls who posted thought that it was the DUTY of wedding guests to help them offset the cost of their dream wedding. Like being invited to their wedding was an honor they should pay for the privilege of receiving. It was pretty revolting.

I don't know how much money we received as gifts because, frankly, we pretty much took it all with us to blow on our honeymoon. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009