When are you suposed to get yr first period after having a baby

So my daughter is going to be ten weeks old tomarrow and as much as I am enjoying being period free when is it suposed to come?!?!?

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Health

• It depends. I got mine right at the 6 week mark but I have had friends who breast fed not get theirs until after they stopped breast feeding as much as a year later!
    Squishysmom2

Answer by Squishysmom2 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• it varies from woman to woman, however if you are not breastfeeding and she reaches 12 weeks I would give your doctor a call.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• it all depends! some get it right away, some after a few months, some later. Breastfeeding also prolongs the period. My son was born in April, i didnt have my period till November. every month in between I feared I was preggo lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It depends . . . it can be four to six weeks after delivery. However if you are breastfeeding that can delay it up to four to six months or not at all why you are breastfeeding.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 1:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I am breastfeeding.... so mabie thats it
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009