How much $$ do you budget for a Carnival?

We are taking our kids to a carnival tonight. When you go, how much do you spend or budget to spend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• I went overboard and it was just me and my son, but we spent $40 outside of tickets. We spent $36 on tickets, but we got the all ride passes in advance. I know, but I got everyone funnel cake, and he got to play most all of the games at least once. Oh, and I think I actually spent some of that buying a friend of his extra tickets so they could go on a few rides together. But I go big every time I do things like that.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Hmmmm, that doesn't sound "Big" to me. Sounds frugal actually. There are 5 of us. We are actually going to one this week, I intend to take 275.00 and I think that should cover the evening.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 2:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was just gonna say 40 bucks is conservative compared to how much we can drop. First of all we don't usually take the kids to a carnival but to our state's fair which is larger than most carnivals that come through our area. We're a family of 4 and while the only one that does ride the rides is usually our oldest daughter who is 11 (our 4yr old is still a bit timid when it comes to rides unless we're in Walt Disney World) and there may be one or two I or daddy might accompany her on, so we save a bundle on the cost of ride tixs. Where we spend the most money is on food, games and crafts. We could easily spend 150 at the end of the night. This year we're gonna really try hard to find better coupons in regards to the ride all day and night wrist bands. Every stinkin year we miss out on the promotions that include the wristbands due to the fact that we never know when their offered or where to buy them prior to the gate.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Last time I was at a carnival was 4 or 5 years but I spent well under $10 and we went on every ride at least once, bought a snack, and played a number of arcade games.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• $10.00, that must have been 40 or 50 years ago! LOL. Seriously, I think one wristband for rides is more than $15.00 now. Games run 2 bucks a pop. Take a wallet full!
    Anonymous

• For two people, it ended up being $76. So for the family of 4 for $150, would be about right if we had double the people. I know last year when we took some friends of ours with us, it was my husband, son, two friends, and myself, we spent closer to $250 between all of us.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Last time we went to a "carnival" .. tickets were $16 a piece, of course had to have ice cream and drinks at $3 a piece (Rip off if you ask me) and there were a couple of rides that we had to pay $2 or $3 for outside of the tickets (only rode like 3 of those). All in all I think I Spent around $60 for me and my son, not bad at all if you ask me.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2009