Pregnant again before even giving birth

This may be dumb but Im curious. If you were to have sex while pregnant and you happen to have that baby that night......well sperm lives for three days. If you just happen to be ovulating can you get pregnant?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• haha omg i've wondered that before myself. because my fiance and i had sex right before we went to the hospital to have our baby.. haha but yeah i don't think its possible because TessLouise is right, in order to get preg. you have to be ovulating and i don't believe you ovulate while you are pregnant but i'm no expert. i hope someone with more knowledge about this can answer your question.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't think so. Your body would have to be ovulating and I just don't think it would be doing that at that point.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 1:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• your body is smarter than you give it credit for. It takes a lil but for the mother to ovulate just after the baby is born. Your hormones are all out of whack & it takes at least a few weeks before your body is ready to produce another egg. And for many other reasons aswell, no, that does not seem possible.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I suppose anything is possible, but I don't think so. I don't think you start ovulating till a bit after the baby is born.
    CeeJay30

Answer by CeeJay30 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm pretty sure after giving birth that all of the sperm would come out will all of the other fluid and blood while giving birth.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• you would think your body would flush out all the fluids during the birth, that's a terrible outcome if it EVER happened to anyone.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• There have been cases where the mother has conceived while still in the first trimester with the first baby, but not towards the end. And even those cases are so extremely rare that it would be a one in a million chance. Some women can get pregnant right after their baby is born, but that is also risky bc of the strain that being pregnant and giving birth puts on the body. On a side note, some animals such as hamsters and rats CAN get pregnant twice from the same sperm, and end up giving birth about a week after the first litter. But not us :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I had a dream about this weird but I don't think it's possible!?
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Not possible. Any sperm that were still alive would be come out with either vaginal birth or when afterbirth bleeding occurrs.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• not possible, your body goes into an instant period that will last about 5 weeks, nothing would stick. not to mention you dont ovulate until a few weeks after baby is born, thats why the period lasts so long, half of the time your body is just getting rid of fluid, the other half of the time is a menstral period.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009