Sleeping through the night?

Ok my son is 4 1/2 months old and is still waking up between 2 and 3 for a bottle.
I know most would say this is normal but he is drinking 8 oz bottles 6 times a day and eatting at least a jar of baby food in the evenings and goes to bed between 8 and 9 religiously with out any trouble. Do you really think he is hungry or do you think this is out of habit? I don't think I could just leave him to cry when he wakes up but any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Katie0224

Asked by Katie0224 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats alot of bottles so its probly out of habit. My son is 2months and hes still drinking 4oz, probly about 6-8bottles a day (dont keep track, just feed him when hes hungry) and he only wakes up 1time n the nite to eat, either at 3 or 5am! And 2nights now hes slept all through the night! Good Luck!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• o yah, i was gonna say try other ways to soothe him back to sleep. Try paci, or just pat his back, sometimes when my son wakes up i try this before trying a bottle and sometimes it works
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• try uping the amount of baby food you give him. thats a lot of bottles. add a jar or two during the day and give him less bottle at those feeding times. he seems like he just has a very healthy appetitie. also, try adding rice cereal to his food in the evening right before bed. that will keep his tummy fuller for a lot longer
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009