Scars on stomach, 22 weeks pregnant

I have a huge scar going down my stomach and i'm 22 weeks pregnant, how do you think my scar will be affected by my belly? there's a picture of my stomach in my pictures on here

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ok, silly question here...Is this a scar that has always been there, or just something that showed up due to being pregnant?

If this is something new, it is normal. It does have a name and I cant rememner what it's called but it will go away.

If this is an old scar from surgery or something like that, you should be fine
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• it's an old scar from surgery, you may be thinking of linea nigra as apposed to non-pregnant linea alba on the stomach.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You should be fine, the scar is up high, the stomach doesnt stretch as much in that location as it does in the lower abdomin. Next apt, just ask your OB, what they think to help ease your mind.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009