Does anyone live in San Antonio or just live in TX?

Do you like living there? What do you like and dislike most about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have lived in San Antonio, aswell as towns up to a couple hours around there, as far west as El Paso, nearly as south as you can get in this big state, and have loved each different region. But, I think I would enjoy living just about anywhere as I like to make the best of things. After growing up in a really small town, I thought San Antonio was just great! So much to do and close enough to other towns/cities to go and do more there too.
    Anonymous

• I live outside of Houston... Ive never been to San Antonio but ALOT of my friends go there for the weekend & always love it. It seems like there is alot to do there.. New Brawnsfels is also GREAT! We just went to the Shlitterbaun water park last week. (sp)
    The ONLY down side to living in this part of texas is how HOT it is! Atleaste in San Antonio you are far enough west you wont ever have to worry about Hurricanes! But you may deal with your town being flooded with people if a big hurricane comes our way! Since most people try to run out that way.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I live by SeaWorld side of SA I have lived here for 5 yrs. now and love it .

It just doesn't seem to rain over here as much but as far as people living here to me sometimes I feel like it is too congested but living here it is great. I wouldn't move

There are alot of malls and little stores here and there let me put it this way you will always find somewhere to go. You should come down and check it out you will not be disappointed.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I live in San Antonio now. I'm military and am stationed here. I have lived here almost 3 years. I am also born and raised in Texas(not San Antonio). I love Texas. I love hot weather and sun. I was also stationed up the road for a few years at Ft. Hood, Texas and loved it. Personally, I do not like San Antonio. I find the people here extremely rude. Its a ME kinda attitude that people in San Antonio seem to have. I know its that way many places but I've also lived in many large cities including Houston, Atlanta, Miami, and Seattle. Nothing compares to here. The traffic is also insane. I like driving in Houston better...and the traffic there is bad too. On the up side...there's alot to do. But keep in mind, this is just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I live in Temple. Went to San Antonio for mini vacations, would love to go back.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 2:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I live in downtown Houston Tx.
    Its the best to be in the middle of all the stuff....but the one thing that I would change about houston,is that its too damn hot! even more so that I am 7months pregnant in JULY!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm up the road a bit in Austin. It's hot. But in January when everyone up north is freezing their asses off, we're having very pleasant, mild temperatures.

Our cost of living is low across the state and there's a financial benefit in not having a State income tax.

Schools across Texas vary widely, so check into the potential local schools before you choose an area.

I think Texans are just about the friendliest people in the world, but I do have to agree with the previous anonymous poster who said that San Antonians seem to not be quite as friendly as in other parts of Texas. And yes, they drive like crazy people on acid and I learned to drive in Houston rush hour! lol
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I love Texas. I've lived here my whole life. I was born in Waco and grew up in Central TX. I've lived in East TX for the past 12 years and really love it here. East TX is beautiful and green all of the time thanks to the pine trees and we don't get hit with sever weather as badly as Central TX.

I've vacationed in SanAntonio many times and love it there. The culture is fun and the food is amazing.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009