HighChair

what age do you take your son from the highchair and put him in a booster chair at the Kitchen table with us?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i say around 1 1/2 and 2 that way you can make sure they are old enough to sit still in the chair cuz they can and will fall out the second you look away i say you get the kind of booster chair that has the 3point seatbelt, that way they are straped in pretty good... thats how we did your 4 kids...

hope this helps...
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think we did a booster attached to a chair, firmly secured, at 2. I am pretty sure at restaurants where the booster wasn't attached to anything, we waited until 2 1/2 or until he didn't fit in the high chair anymore. That was 5 years ago though, so I may be mistaken. My daughter isn't quite to that point yet, but she has sat well in a booster attached to a chair at a family gathering where we didn't have enough high chairs.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I bought boosters for my twins at around 18 months, and we have been using them for at least one meal a day since then. I feel that my babies are safer and less likely to escape or fall from their highchairs, but I also want them to get a chance to learn how to sit at the table with the rest of us. I still use their highchairs for breakfast everyday because mornings are a busy time at my house and we can't all sit down at the same time to eat and still make it to work and school on time At daycare my babies have been sitting at toddler sized cafeteria tables since about 15 months.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• At age 2, my son is really big and just didn't fit anymore in the highchair. We actually don't have a booster seat just a really high up chair that he sits on. My DD is 1 and she's starting to get too big for the highchair so we just bought her a booster seat and she sits great in it.
    Anonymous

• My daughter refused to get in her high chair right after her first birthday. She was very big and did fine in a regular chair. She sat on her knees. My sons were both 2. We didn't bother with a booster, just right to the regular chair.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009