Online application (job) help???Hi

Hi all. I am trying to apply for a local postion for a scheduler. They are using ADP for thier screening process. It calls for me to put in my social security, drivers license, and personal information. They have to do a background, credit and security screening. I am well aware that this is a reputable company. I just don't feel comfortable giving all my identifiable information like that. HELP, I do want to try for this job, what would you do?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• If its part of the application process (credit and background check) you'll eventually have to give the information to them so they are able to process the application...They should have a security stamp on the site. If it's that uncomfortable for you, maybe skip this application and apply elsewhere.

Oh and if it were me I would go ahead and give the required information.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• See if they have a number you can call. Then you can ask them if it would be ok if you provided that info in person if they were interested in you.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If you know this is a reputable company then I would just give the information.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would not give out this information before having at least one face-to-face interview.Fill out the application with all 9s and a note stating your intentions.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I hate giving out my personal info, also, but before I do that like when I also bank online, I look for the little "padlock" symbol, if you see it, it's suppose to be a secure site.  You can also email or call BBB (Better Business Bureau) as regards to dealing with applying online or to check out a reputable biz. 

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009