Is it ok to have alone time away from your kids? I just feel like I NEED an hour just of ME time...

Nicki_34

Asked by Nicki_34 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG YES, YES YES!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Of course it's OK!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Everybody needs alone time. I think parents especially. Just a bit of time to remind themselves that there is more to them than Mommy or Daddy. Do you have any friends or family in the area that could help out for an afternoon so you can go see a movie or go eat a quiet lunch alone? I think that people that don't get there alone time, eventually start to resent the things that keep them from it. Generally children and spouses.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes for sure it's a must if you want to keep you sanity
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• well yes of course
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• it is perfectly fine to want/need time away from your kids, i myself take and hr everyday at the gym were they go with me but they get to go to the gyms daycare while i go relieve some stress on the machines... and about 1 or 2 times a month a leave my SO at home with the kids and i have a night out with the girls, im telling you if you get your hr a day and weekend a month you will be so much happier....

lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If you want to be a more effective mom then yes please do take some time for you!!!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Are there any places that you can take your kids and still have your own time?
    Nicki_34

Answer by Nicki_34 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• YES!! Look at it this way...you need the "me time" so that you can unwind and come back being a better mother. I know that if I am around my kids ALL the time without a break...I'm more stressed and easily frustrated. When I walk away I can collect my thoughts and come back a renewed mom.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• absolutely fine! we all need some alone time!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009