Am I pregnant? Nursing 5mo baby.

I am full time nursing a 5mo old baby (almost 6mo) and haven't had a period yet but am worried I may be pregnant. I don't know when to check. I've been cramping and bloating for weeks, had a single drop of bright red blood when I touched my cervix, and have had a lot of back pain and been dizzy when standing up from sitting. With my son it took me a full year to start ovulating again but there are just so many symptoms now that I'm worried. Timing wise if I am pregnant I would have conceived the first or second of June, that was the last time I had unprotected intercourse. But it was three or four times in those two days so there was more than enough sperm floating around if I was ovulatin

chiigirl

Asked by chiigirl at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your fine, some women don't get their periods when they're nursing, but if you feel other symptoms then maybe you should at least test, do it in the morning though to make sure it's accurate. All you can do is test, so buy a test, maybe two and test as soon as you wake up in the morning!
    Anonymous

• It is a possibility. You are more fertile after having a baby. Try taking a home pregnancy test.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You need to take a test. It's quite possible you're only geting your period but if you're having unprotected sex it's equally possible to be pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I got pregnant twice while nursing...once while nursing my first, and then again while nursing my second. Both times my symptoms started just as you described. If you're pregnant it should show up on a hpt about 7-10 after you saw the drop of blood.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009