• In the Spotlight:

going to mexico

when is it safe for me to take my baby to Mexico? My hubby and I are going to San Luis to visit family. Ill be due in the end of Sept. So how long after she is born can I take her?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would ask the pedi. Traveling with a newborn can be stressful on her as well as you-
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Personally I would wait atleast 3 months becuase you would have to take inconsider of her wellbeing they say that you shouldnt take your baby out of the home to like waslmart or other outings until there at least three to 4 weeks old her immune system wont be ready for a littel while and mexico has many different dieses if she doesnt have a good immune system she could catch anything and get really sick. I know that visiting family is very important especially with a new baby but you should wait a while ask your babys doctor as soon as you think about going they would be able to tell you more. sory i am not much help but good luck!
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i took my daughter when she was just 4 days old. although i have heard that you should limit where babies go as new borns but personally i make decisions on what i know we can handle and how healthy we all are. i feel prefectly safe in mexico and would have to problem taking my new infant there as long as they are healthy. it's really a personal choice. it's not like mexico doesn't have dr's ro hospitals to go to if something does arise.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I took my daughter when she was 31/2 months old for my grandma's funeral. Her doctor said it was fine as long as I take medications, formula, and that sort of thing. I was pretty nervous about taking her but she did very well. She slept the whole way there on the plane and didn't make a peep. Just remember if you do go that she is sucking on something when the plane takes off and when it lands so she won't have problems with her tiny ears. I do suggest you talk to her doctor first.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 3:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• with the swine flu there?? thats crazy
    Anonymous